11-day / 10-night tropical expedition cruise on board Starting at 8 560 $ US per person
Departure date: November 23, 2023
Transfer from the airport to the port of Honiara
PONANT invites you to discover the natural wonders of Vanuatu and New Caledonia in the Coral Sea.
From Honiara to Noumea, you will set sail on board the Soléal for an 11-day expedition cruise in the heart of the South Pacific to discover ancestral tribes and sublime landscapes.
Your ship will first reach the Solomon Islands, a true tropical eden.
You will continue your journey to Vanuatu, considered by some as the ” happiest country in the world ” where its 83 islands showcase a palette of extremely varied landscapes. Active volcanoes, beaches bordered by palm trees, and tropical forests welcome visitors to this exceptional archipelago in Melanesia.
Then, Le Soléal will provide you with the opportunity to disembark onto pristine beaches. Espiritu Santo,the archipelago’s main island, promises you an unforgettable aquatic experience in an idyllic setting.
During your cruise, you will have the opportunity to visit several traditional villages, notably on the islands of Ureparapara, Ambrym and Malekula. Their inhabitants will be happy to share with you their customs, including singing, dancing and art.
In Tanna, be sure to explore the unmissable Mount Yasur, considered to be the most accessible active volcano in the world.
Le Soléal will then take you to the sublime island of Lifou and its picture-postcard landscapes, between white sand beaches and tropical vegetation located in the Loyalty archipelago.
Your cruise will end in Noumea, capital of New Caledonia.
- A cruise to discover Vanuatu, between traditional villages, tropical beaches, coral reefs and still active volcanoes.
- Landing in a zodiac with an experienced team of naturalist guides.
- Navigation around the caldera of the island of Ureparapara.
- From Espiritu Santo, don’t miss the show of the “water music women”.
- Experience seldom visited islands in the ‘happiest country in the world’
- On Tanna Island, walk to the rim of an active volcano and view a fireworks spectacle like no other.
- Discover the arts and traditions of Kanak culture, the tribes of the ‘Big Nambas’ on the island of Malekula and the famous Rom dance of the Ambrym Islanders.
- Opportunity of diving (PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent) with an experienced instructor on board and of snorkelling with your expedition team.
Polar expedition, the "all inclusive" includes :
- Accommodation in a luxury stateroom
- All meals as mentionned in the itinerary
- Open Bar: from the moment of embarkation, and throughout the cruise, a wide selection of drinks (mineral water, cold drinks, wines, beer, Charles Heidsieck champagne, spirits, coffee, tea) is served at discretion and at any time of the day. Some premium alcoholic beverages presented on the menu are not included in the Open Bar
- Free Wi-Fi internet access 24 hours a day*.
- Access to all common areas
- Access to the hammam and the fitness room
- Zodiac expeditions
- Taxes and port fees
Contact our travel agent
Embarkation day - Brisbane/Honiara
For your serenity, PONANT selects a flight and organises the transfers between the airport and the port. This package is included in your cruise fare.
Brisbane/Honiara flight selected by PONANT
Approximate flight duration: 3 hours.
It is highly recommended to arrive in Brisbane the day before this flight.
Meet and greet at Honiara airport (English-speaking assistance).
Transfer to the pier for embarkation.
Cruise on board your ship
Your program includes:
- The flight selected by PONANT Brisbane/Honiara in economy class.
- Transfer airport/pier.
Your program does not include:
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the program.
- The flight included is, as of today, operated in economy class.
- For passengers in transit in Brisbane, we recommend staying one night in Brisbane before this flight to ensure your connecting flights
- Package is subject to availability.
- This programme is subject to change.
Photo and video credits ©Ponant