Ideal length of stay at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
It’s not easy to choose the length of a trip to Walt Disney World Resort! 4 days, 5 or 7 days at Disney ? Vacations at Disney are the dream of young and old alike! To take full advantage of your stay and let the Magic work, here are some tips on how long a memorable stay will be.
Minimum Length of Stay at Walt Disney World Resort
As you may have read on the Choosing the right tickets page, the four theme parks Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, are fabulous and there is plenty to see and do! Each park has enough attractions and shows to fill more than one day.
Buy your theme park tickets
My advice for a successful Disney family vacation:
8 days/7 nights
Plan a Disney stay for a minimum of eight days to fully enjoy your vacation. The first and last day are often time spent in airports. You will thus have the possibility of devoting a whole day per park. Don’t forget that Disney has implemented a sliding scale for tickets which allows you to save money: the longer you stay, the lower the price/day will be.
In order to have enough time to explore the parks, the first recommendation is to favor a one-week stay, whether for your first or your fifth time!
For a fabulous week at Disney
When you book your stay, pay attention to the time of arrival and departure of your plane. The earlier you arrive in the morning, the more opportunity you’ll have to enjoy your first day of Disney vacation. Three options will be considered:
- Take advantage of your end of the day to discover your hotel and enjoy the swimming pool;
- Take a walk around Disney Springs ;
- Enjoy a theme park as quickly as possible. You would be surprised to see the minimal price difference between 6 and 7 park days!
How many days to plan for each of the theme parks
- First, the age of your family members. For example, if the children are under 5, Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will definitely be your priorities!
- Your interests. For example, if you want to discover different cultures, Epcot and its World Showcase will be a priority. If you are a Star Wars fan, Disney’s Hollywood Studios park will be a big MUST!
- The news! Magic Kingdom park, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios have new attractions . As a result, crowds will be higher there.
- Finally, you have to take into account your restaurant reservations. You may have to make dining reservations several weeks before your arrival. If your park tickets do not allow you to go from one park to another, you will have to spend the day in the corresponding park.
All Disney artwork, logos and properties: ©Disney. Ships Registry: The Bahamas